Are you new to SummerGATE? Or has it been a while?
Here are some frequently asked questions, which may help.
Standardized test showing 85% on the total battery or composite.
Signed Teacher Recommendation Form available under Printable Forms, confirming that SummerGATE is an appropriate program for your child.
If your child has attended SummerGATE before, they do not need to re-qualify. Former students may register for any available class.
This year students may register either online or on paper.
To Register Online:
1. Create an account, or update your existing one (do this now).
2. Review enrollment requirements. Gather all paperwork, including recommendation forms. Have these documents ready to fax, mail or attach as PDF or JPG files to your application.
3. Review the sessions and classes. If possible, select first and second choice for each hour you plan to attend.
4. Log in to your account and select a session to begin your application process. Follow the online instructions to apply.
5. Pay by PayPal.
Register using a Paper Application Form:
1. Download the printable application form for the program you wish to attend.
2. Select Session or Sessions your student will attend.
3. Select classes for your child's grade level. Grades indicate the level your child enters next fall.
4. Complete the Application Form, including all contact information, and a clear choice of classes for each time slot.
5. Calculate total tuition.
6. Select Before- and After-Care Activities, if needed.
7. Select Alternate Class choices. This helps us make sure you get a class you want, even when your first choice is filled.
8. Enclose all papers and payments. Mail or hand-deliver to our office at 321 Taraval Street SF 94116. Registrations are processed in the order they are recieved.
Priority Registration opens Wednesday February 1st 2023 at 10am! General Registration opens Sunday February 5th 2023 at 10am. We offer online and paper registration. Applications are processed in the order received. Please do not submit applications before registration is officially open.
321 Taraval Street (at Funston)
San Francisco, CA 94122
Allow 2+ weeks processing time. You will receive a confirmation by email. If for some reason we cannot process your application as submitted (e.g. a class you wanted is closed) we will contact you.
For online applications, be sure to have your SummerGATE account created or updated before registration opens. Also, make sure you have your letter of recommendation or test scores uploaded to your account, or ready to send. We cannot confirm an application until we have all the required documentation in hand.
1. For paper applications, the longest delays are caused by errors and omissions. Read the class descriptions carefully when choosing classes. Submit required documents promptly.
Is the class you are requesting being offered in your youngster's grade level?
Is it being offered at the time you are requesting?
Is it being offered in the Session you are requesting?
2. Proofread your application. Look at every line making sure that you have provided all information requested. Don't forget to write your email address clearly, as confirmations are sent by email.
3. Make sure to tell us which Alternate Choice Classes (2nd and/or 3rd choices) you want, in case one of your first choice classs fills before we get to your application. Don't wait until we contact you to select an alternate, as other classes may fill before we reach you.
4. Have your credit card and Paypal account information. Your application cannot be accepted until payment is received.
If your youngster scored 90% or better (composite/total battery) on her/his most recent standardized achievement test, you may deduct a $25.00 Merit Scholarship from each session in which she/he is in full attendance (minimum of 3.5 hours per day; 3 hours per day for Session III). Students currently in Grades 6 and up may present alternately a report card showing a GPA of 3.5 or better. Qualifying test scores and report cards must be included when you submit your registration form if you wish to apply for the Merit Scholarship. Don't forget to copy all of the pages, both front and back.
Unfortunately, we cannot retroactively apply the scholarship. Please attach all relevant paperwork to your application at the time of submission!
For online registrants, please select the box stating your child qualifies for the scholarship and upload a digital file of the required documents. Alternatively, you can select the box and then proptly submit supporting documents to us via fax or mail.
Yes! You may deduct $10.00 per child in which your child is fully registered if you submit your child(ren)'s tuition in the form of a check instead of a credit card. Checks issued from your credit card company qualify for this discount as well as those issued from your checking account. Please mark deductions on each child's registration form in the space indicated.
Also, a limited amount of Financial Aid is available for needy public school students.
To apply, submit all of the following:
a copy of your child's most recent report card;
a copy of his/her most recent STAR or other standardized test scores;
a stamped, self-addressed envelope;
a completed SummerGATE paper Application Form.
Your application cannot be considered until all 4 items listed above have been received.
We expect each child to come with a packed lunch from home. A nutritious snack is served for students registered for after care.
Yes. We serve a nutritious snack for students registered for after care. If your child has special dietary requirements, please pack a snack as well as lunch.
Complete in the space titled "Friend Request," giving us the first and last name of your child's friend. We make every effort to place friends in the same classes.
Dates for 2023
Session I located at St. Gabriel School June 12 - June 30
Session II located at St. Gabriel School July 3 - July 21
Session III located at St. Gabriel School July 24 - August 4
Click your cursor over any class to view details. The links below will take you directly to the classes offered in each session.
Please NOTE: some people report problems viewing details using Internet Explorer. Other browsers work well.
Session I (coming soon!)
Session II (coming soon!)
Session III (coming soon!)
For our 2023 program, classes may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollments. If so, full refund of tuition will be made. Due to major commitments for equipment and personnel, tuition cannot be refunded for any other reason after May 1, 2023 Students voluntarily withdrawing on or before these dates, will receive full tuition less a $100.00 service fee.